We are a top-rated roofing contractor in Keller, TX and we get many questions about roofing. We want to help homeowners in Texas learn everything they need to know about a roof replacement. These are the five most frequently asked questions about roof replacements.
Is it time to replace my roof?
One of the most common questions we get is when to replace a roof. There are many signs that indicate that a roof replacement is necessary, including:
- Curling and buckling shingles. Buckled shingles are caused by moisture in the attic space. This causes nails to push out of their place and cause the shingle to become loose. This can compromise the performance of the shingles and expose the roof to the elements. It can lead to leaks and more moisture damage.
- Growth of algae. Low-cost shingles made mostly of limestone are more susceptible to algae bacteria. The Department of Energy states that cool roofs are more likely to develop algae, but any color roof can also experience it.
- Missing granules. Asphalt roofing shingles contain small granules. These granules can cause a loss of performance in asphalt roofing shingles. Look for small fragments in your gutter system to locate missing granulates.
- You may have missing shingles. Roofers are skilled in roofing installation and shingle maintenance. These shingles can become loose or lose their place in the wind. Rainwater can enter the home through missing shingles.
- Mold in the attic This is the most serious aspect of roof replacement. Mold can form in areas like the plywood under the roof and the rafter beams.
Do I need to replace the entire Roofing System or just the Shingles?
Roofs are more than just a layer of shingles. The best way to improve the roof’s performance is to replace the whole system.
- Protection against leaks creates a barrier to keep water out of vulnerable areas such as valleys or chimneys.
- Protects roof from roof rot with synthetic roof deck protection
- Starter strip shingles: Stops roof shingles from falling off.
- Lifetime shingles: These shingles are top-of-the-line and designed to last a lifetime. High-quality asphalt roofing can provide a 65.8% return on investment.
- Ventilation: Proper ventilation is vital for roofing systems’ health. In hot weather, roof shingles can be damaged by a lack of airflow, and energy bills can soar.
Can I replace my roof in winter?
Spring and late fall are the most popular times of year to replace a roof, but you can also do it in winter. A roof installation team with experience will know how to install a new roofing system without being damaged by cold temperatures. You should schedule an estimate now if you are considering replacing your roof in the winter rush.
Can a new roof lower my energy bills?
Roof replacement can reduce energy costs if your roof is not performing well. While it’s best for the attic to be close to the temperature outside, excessive heat in the summer can indicate inadequate ventilation. This can cause HVAC equipment to go into overdrive. New roofs can lower energy bills by providing ventilation and sound materials to prevent water leaks and excess drafts.
Is new roofing a good investment?
Keller’s top ROI remodeling project is quality roofing. The following are some of the benefits of a new roof:
- You can increase curb appeal by using shingle colors of different shades that add depth to your home.
- Increased home value by 60%+ ROI
- Professional roof installation and attic ventilation can lead to significant energy savings.
- Winter prevention: Ice dam prevention
- High-quality roofing replacements are built to last a lifetime
A thorough roof inspection is necessary before getting a roof replacement. Contact Restoration Roofing TX today for professional and reliable roofing services.
Like our Facebook page for more great info about roofing services.
Fort Worth, TX